1. What is your position at Adept Solutions?
2. What led you to this career?
As part of my Computer Science degree I had the opportunity of a yearlong placement within an Oil & Gas company. This gave me an insight to the industry as well as developing my IT skills.
3. Which part of your job do you enjoy the most?
I enjoy solving problems and creating new functionality.
4. What is a work-related accomplishment that you are proud of?
Being a part of the team, which successfully delivered Axis as the preferred production data management solution for a new gas platform in the UK North Sea.
5. Who has influenced you the most when it comes to how you approach your work?
Our technical manager Brian. He leads by example and has great work ethic.
6. What is your go-to productivity trick?
I like to use traffic light system lists, that indicate the progress of different tasks.
7. What is one thing that you are learning now?
Microsoft Azure and Power BI. Adept use these technologies for hosting, monitoring and reporting our Axis as a Service cloud solution.
8. What is your favourite way to unwind after a busy day?
I recently got back into running, it’s a great way to get outside and clear the mind.
9. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
If I’m not visiting my 9-month-old niece, I’m either in a pub watching football or playing for my local Basketball team.
10. Working from home or working from the office?
I miss the office but working from home also has a lot of benefits.