1. What is your position at Adept Solutions?
2. What led you to this career?
It’s been 30 years in the making – quite a winding path. Started as a junior software developer back in the early 90s with Logica in Surrey. On the delivery path for many years – team leader, tech manager, project manager, service delivery manager. Moved to the front end of the business around 10 years ago – client manager, client director roles. Joined Adept as a board member and shareholder in 2013.
3. Which part of your job do you enjoy the most?
I love the cut and thrust of a sales presentation / software demonstration – especially when the prospective clients like what they are being shown.
4. What is a work-related accomplishment that you are proud of?
The sales role can be rough at times. You can put your heart and soul into a deal for months only to lose out. Results are binary – you win, or you lose – a hero or a zero. With that in mind, my proudest accomplishment was learning from a lost deal – changing tactics but believing in our strategy to win the next time.
5. Who has influenced you the most when it comes to how you approach your work?
I’ve had so many excellent role models, mentors and coaches throughout my career it’s tough to pick one so I’m going to bottle it.
6. What is your go-to productivity trick?
Don’t get lost in the detail – focus on the big picture and always try to see a situation from the client perspective.
7. What is one thing that you are learning now?
Learning the guitar. Wished I had started years ago.
8. What is your favourite way to unwind after a busy day?
Running, cycling, beer.
9. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
Taxi driving for my kids, watching AFC Women.
10. Working from home or working from the office?
Definitely working from office.