1. What is your position at Adept Solutions?
2. What led you to this career?
After graduating with an MSc in computing from RGU I joined a large software consultancy, and was later invited to join Adept Solutions by some of my former colleagues.
3. Which part of your job do you enjoy the most?
In my role as support co-ordinator I am responsible for ensuring that any support requests which come in are dealt with in an efficient manner. This involves delegating support requests according to availability as well as taking part in solving support issues myself.
4. What is a work-related accomplishment that you are proud of?
I recently helped a client transform their allocation method to using customised spreadsheet based calculations which gives them greater flexibility when it comes to editing their allocation process.
5. Who has influenced you the most when it comes to how you approach your work?
Joel Spolsky and Jeff Atwood (the co-founders of Stack Overflow)
6. What is your go-to productivity trick?
Music on and headphones in.
7. What is one thing that you are learning now?
I’m always interested in learning more about guitar pedals.
8. What is your favourite way to unwind after a busy day?
Spending time with family, running, reading or playing guitar.
9. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
Enjoying quality time with my wife and kids.
10. Working from home or working from the office?
As a natural introvert I do enjoy working from home – but I do look forward to the day when it’s safe to come together as a team again.